With October ending and Autumn in full blast, the weather is getting colder and colder, most days are overcast and humid, if not rainy. Not the picture-perfect day for a walk in the park, isn’t it? However, you don’t necessarily have to go out to have a fun weekend. It is just as fun to stay home and plan a nice, cosy day under blankets while staying warm and toasty as the rain rages against your windows! Here you have some ideas that might get you in the mood:
- If you live alone, how about movie marathoning? With Halloween approaching, it is quite likely you are in the mood for a handful of spooky fright inducing movies. Simply make yourself some popcorn or hot chocolate, dim the lights, cover yourself with your favourite throw blanket and get to watch, Scream, Us, Beetlejuice, A nightmare before Christmas or any other movie. Not a fan of TV? What about “marathoning” a book?
- Live with roommates? Game night! Just survey them about what kind of games they like, prepare whatever you need (not only the necessary to play the game: don’t forget about snacks and hot drinks too!) and go to town! Extra cosiness points if you all decide to play in your pyjamas. If you don’t have roommates or if you want to make this idea extra fun, invite your friends! Just be warned that if the weather is bad, they might pass just so they don’t have to go outside.
- Living with a partner? What about some cute, heartwarming (and belly-warming!) Autumn cooking? Find a nice recipe for cinnamon buns (or pumpkin pie, or baked apples, or any other Autumn themed confectionery), go get the ingredients together and get ready for a cosy, steamy cooking session! If you don’t have all the ingredients but don’t want to go out, or if you don’t have a lot of stuff to cook at home it’s all right. Try to scramble something together with whatever you have in the kitchen. Experimenting can be just as fun as actually cooking.
- Family with kids? With Halloween approaching, how about you help your kids with their costumes? Even if you don’t know how to sew it is likely there’s something you can help them with crafting accessories, practising the makeup they want to wear, crazy hairstyles.
- Alone or with a company, if there is a fireplace, gather around and do whatever you enjoy next to the warming effect of the fire. Warm wine with spices is fantastic to give you a more cosy feeling and it is great for a sore throat as well.
No matter your lifestyle, your living situation or your budget you can rest assured that there are options for you to have an absolute blast while staying home. And if you have loved ones around you, be it, roommates, a partner or an entire family this can be a really fun occasion to bond, make memories and learn more about each other.
How do you have fun during Autumn weekends? Do you have any other ideas or stories you want to share? Leave a comment below!